1. This policy sets out the returns policy for goods or services purchased from The Flyrod Workshop (formerly Taniwha Rodworks), online or by any other means.
2. You may cancel your order for a full refund prior to dispatch, contact us promptly as we dispatch orders as soon as we can.
3. Once goods have been shipped, our standard returns policy entitles you to a full refund within 14 days of receipt, excluding postage charges, provided that that you follow our procedure and meet our refund terms.
4. You must contact us first if you wish to return an item so that we can advise you on your options and how best to proceed. If the item you purchased was faulty or did not work properly, or you think the item was not as described in the item description, please contact us first to see if we can resolve any problem to your satisfaction.
5. To be eligible for a return of goods that have been shipped, your item must be unused and in the same condition that you received it, and it must be in the original packaging.
6. Our returns policy excludes the following unless they are faulty: items custom-made, modified or otherwise personalised for you, or items ordered on your behalf that are not listed for sale in our on-line shop as part of our usual stock.
7. You must follow our instructions on the method to use to return goods, and on postal customs labelling (CN22 or CN23 form). Rods or blanks must be returned in the protective tubing used for delivery, which will either be a purpose made rod tube that you purchased as part of the order, or a section of PVC pipe. Do NOT use cardboard tubing. If you have lost or discarded the shipping tube we supplied, PVC pipe is available from hardware or plumbing supplies shops.
7. Returned items that are lost by the delivery company or that we receive in damaged condition will not be refunded. We recommend that you purchase insurance cover for the full value of the returned goods from the delivery company you choose to use to protect yourself from this rare eventuality.
8. Once your return is received and inspected, we will contact you to let you know whether your refund will be processed or not (and if not why not), and we will promptly credit your original method of payment. This may take a number of days to credit your account.
10. Where a refund is agreed we will refund the amount that you paid in £ sterling. The amount you receive in your own currency may be slightly higher or lower than the price you originally paid, depending on any difference in the exchange rate on the date of refund compared to the date of purchase.
11. If an item is returned from outside the UK because you or the addressee (i) were not home when delivery was attempted, (ii) did not respond to communications from the delivery company in time, (iii) did not collect the parcel from the delivery company in time, or (iv) did not pay any customs charges due, and you then ask for a refund: a 10% handling and restocking fee will be levied. We will refund you 90% of the goods value excluding delivery charges. If you ask us to send the returned item to you again, a second postage charge will be payable.